Search Hukoomi


Error: An error has occurred. Please call the Government Contact Center at 109 (in Qatar) or +974 44069999 or try again later.

Sorry, no results were found.

Did you mean:


Fill out the required information to submit your request.

Offline Services

Exchange State Land for Private One

  • Topics : Housing
  • Audience : Individuals

Citizens may request to exchange a state land, allocated as per the housing system, for another private one, and the Real Estate Registration Department at the Ministry of Justice cooperates in this regard.

Offline Instructions

  • Download and fill in the paper form, then submit it to the Customer Service Counter at the Urban Planning Sector.
  • Attach copy of QID, and copies of title deeds and layouts.

Service Center

Customer Service Counter at the Urban Planning Sector.

Additional Information

  • There has to be a reasonable justification (family – health reason) for the swap.
  • The private land requested to be replaced shall be located within the approved planned areas that are provided with facilities and services.
  • The allocated public land shall not be located within families’ (groups’) lands.
  • The area of the private land whose condition inhibitor is to be transferred shall not be less than the approved urban area.
  • The swap beneficiary shall pay the due amounts resulting from this exchange before starting the private to state ownership transfer in addition to wavering any due amounts resulting from a difference in price between the two lands for his/her benefit.
  • The beneficiary has the right to request swap for only one time as per the terms and regulations specified above.
  • The Ministry of Municipality and Environment clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • This service requires 17 days to be completed.


No fees are required for this service.

Related services

Adding Adjoining Land to Property

Real estate owners or their authorized agents may request the Urban Planning Section to increase an area of land by adding adjoining parts.

Apply for Approval to Install Billboards

Public and private entities may submit their requests to the Urban Planning Department to approve installing billboards on streets or buildings.

Dividing, Adding or Unifying Lands in Industrial Area

Citizens and business owners at the industrial area shall submit to a request to Urban Planning Department to divide, add or join lands in the industrial area, and issue related property documents.

Apply for Increasing Allowable Height Limit of Buildings

Qataris may submit a request to Urban Design Section of the Urban Planning Department to increase the height of a building above the allowed and approved limit.