Search Hukoomi

Error: An error has occurred. Please call the Government Contact Center at 109 (in Qatar) or +974 44069999 or try again later.

Sorry, no results were found.

Did you mean:


The applicants have to log in with the smart card, and they must be registered with Metrash.

NAS Login, E-Service

Request to Transfer Residence Permit to New Passport

  • Topics : Business and Finance, Employment and Workplace, Visas and Official Documents
  • Audience : Government, Individuals, Business

This service allows to replace the data of the current passport with that of the new one. It is available for Qataris, residents, companies and organizations holding Qatari Smart ID Cards.

Online Instructions

  • Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
  • Select "Residence Services" then "Transfer Residence Permit to New Passport".
  • Enter the QID number of the resident whose residence data are to be transferred, then click on "Next".
  • Enter the data of the resident and new passport.
  • Select the reasons of transferring the residence, then click on "Next".
  • Select the delivery method for the new residence permit.
  • Attach a clear copy of the new passport (maximum 2 copies).
  • Click on "Pay Fees", and pay the applicable fees.

Additional Information

  • This service is available for both individuals and establishments.
  • The applicants have to log in with the smart card, and they must be registered with Metrash.
  • The residence has to be valid, and the person still exist in the country.
  • The size of the attached copy of the new passport must not exceed 200 KB.
  • In the case of personal transactions, the user will determine the method of receiving the new residence permit (either by personally going to the Expatriates Affairs Department or via Qatar Post). In case of enterprise transactions, the new residence permit will be delivered by Qatar Post.
  • The user will pay using the credit card in the case of personal transactions. In the case of enterprise transactions, payment can be made either by credit card or bank transfer (from account to account). The delivery fees (if any) must be paid.
  • After payment of the fees, the payment receipt will be shown as an evidence of completing the transaction successfully.
  • You can also transfer residence permit to new passport through Metrash2.


QR100, in addition to extra QR20 in case of selecting Qatar Post for delivery.

Related services

Request to Reactivate Residence Permit Based on Visa

Reactive a lapsed/expired Residence Permit by entering the applicant’s visa number

Renew Residence Permit For Expatriates

The Ministry of Interior allows individuals and companies in Qatar to renew residence permit online for 1 to 3 years.

Official Visa

Government ministries and establishments may request to issue free visas online.

View Visa Status

You can check online for the latest visa status.

Request to Issue or Reactivate Residence Permit by Visa Number

This service enables individuals and establishments to issue a new residence permit or reactivate a new one for expatriates in Qatar.

Request to Cancel Residence Permit

This service enables you to cancel valid Residence Permits for persons under company or personal sponsorships.