Search Hukoomi




X

Error: An error has occurred. Please call the Government Contact Center at 109 (in Qatar) or +974 44069999 or try again later.

Sorry, no results were found.

Did you mean:

News Details

Qatar Offers Free Cancer Treatment for Residents

  • Audience : Individuals
  • Source : The Peninsula, Al Arab Newspaper
  • Topic : Religion and Community, Health
  • Date : March 27, 2018

Dr Osama al-Homsi, Senior Consultant and Chairman of the National Centre for Cancer Care and Research Hematology and Oncology at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), said that the state covered 80 percent of the oncology treatment for resident patients and the rest 20% was paid for by the cancer patient. “However, recently the remaining 20% is also covered to provide free treatment to citizens and residents,” he added.

“There is continuous progress in the treatment of tumors and medicine in general and we are keen to bring everything new in the treatment of tumors,” he affirmed.

Al-Homsi clarified, in an interview with Al Arab, that the Centre is seeking to find suitable alternatives for the patients, noting that patients can now be followed up at their homes by using what is called a medical unit for home treatment; a patient is visited at home and the case is followed up with the same reliability and quality provided at the hospital.

Read the full story here.