The Advisory Council comprises 35 members. The Council concerned with the following:
- Discussion of:
- Proposed laws and laws with decrees.
- State policy concerning economic, administrative and political issues.
- All the state affairs related to social and cultural aspect in general whether by its own initiative or referred to it by the Cabinet of Ministers.
- The general budget for public projects.
- The budget of the Council and its final accounts.
- Follow up on previously discussed issues referred to it by Cabinet, and track their progress.
- Forward queries with intention to clarify issues.
- Request additional detail on matters concerning government and ministerial policy.
- Propose or put forward recommendations or show intention with above mentioned issues.